Pop up’s are vexatious and losses users interest on the website. They are little annoying boxes that pop out at the user while the user is comfortably reading the website. They interrupt in your shopping experience and force the user to click on the tiny button to dismiss it. They are disturbing and rude.
So, here in this post, we shall discuss why you implement a pop up into your website. How it can be useful and the best practices to get maximum out of it.
The purpose of the pop-up is to provide a very call to action. It can be an announcement or sale for the visitors to know about it, but more often than not, it is primarily used to collect the email ids of your users. Test after test has proven that popups work extremely well. The popups fetch 1,375% more email id’s of the users than a sidebar opt-in form. So it is the perfect time to hire an experienced Magento developer and develop a Magento e-commerce website.
A website is found to obtain only 10-15 subscribers each day despite getting over 44,000 unique visitors each day. And after implementing popups with a one minute delay, they began receiving more than 100 emails each day.
Popups collect Email Addresses
Your website is like a bucket, with plenty of holes in it. The website owner spends plenty of time to fill it with water, but maximum quantity of waterfalls outside the hole and becomes out of reach forever. It is natural to a successful business. Therefore, keeping the business running with the people who goes out of the bucket is crucial in the long run of the business.
You may use lightbox popups or sticky email opt-in widget to collect the email address of the visitors. By accumulating email address of visitors, you get an another chance to bring you, users, back to you and convert them to a customer with effective email marketing campaigns.
Other Uses For Popups Besides Collecting Emails
Apart from using popups to collect email addresses, there are few other uses of popups too.
- To get answers to potential questions from the website users before they inquire it.
- It encourages the downloading or viewing the piece of content.
- Helps to introduce attractive discounts
- Ask a question to the user to collect more information on their habits.
- Assist in showcasing new products
How to make Popups ideal for your website
While planning a popup for your website, a developer should consider the following points:
- Time: While planning to make a popup on your website, you can show at a different point in your customer’s experience on your website. You can approach the users as soon as they hit the website. Or you may also approach them after a short time interval after they complete some course of action. Or when they are about to leave the website.
The first time duration of approach might fetch the website owner with more email, but it may lead to annoy some users. There can be one more disadvantage, which may result in inappropriate emails addresses because they might not have enough time to fill the email id. This can lead to a poor email list with a lot of unsubscribes.
- Choose the Right Message: Selecting the right message is paramount. Similar to creating any advertisement, the image used should be eye catchy and should deliver what you want to deliver. Same is the case with popups; many visitors are accustomed to close the popup immediately they land on the website. So, consider using a catchy headline, effective numbers, to steal the visitor numbers in the right way.
Common mistakes while using Popups:
- Providing a vague way to close the popup.
- Triggering a popup as soon as visitor lands.
- Using the popup which doesn’t fit the style of your website
- Forcing the customer to fill the popup by popping it continuously.
- Playing with too many words, while ignoring the image
The internet marketers have a long divided opinion about the popups. Some say only to prioritize the visitors while few always focus on the profit first.
However, if you think popups will add more users to your website, you should avoid being too aggressive and think about your customers. By following the above practices, your popups won’t annoy your visitors and will help you to increase the size of your mailing list.